Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The Summer of the Mountain Bike


Time just doesn't slow down at all, I have a premonition I will blink and the gorgeous fall will be here already. This summer has been the summer of mountain biking. I have the bruises the prove it, literally I don't think a week has gone by that my legs do not look like someone took a golf club to my thighs and calfs. Totally worth it, I just wish I could help my clumsiness! Bren and I have been putting our bikes to good use usually doing about two or three rides together a week. It is such a workout, I don't know of any other sport besides sprinting that has made my lungs burn quite that way. Bren loves it and tends to do more like five or six rides a week. We are so lucky we have great trails right near our house.
The end of June was a busy month, Brendan went to Vegas for a work/internship convention. I wish I would have been able to go but it just was awful timing for my job. My job continues to go great, I got a promotion on top of my already amazing position I will also be the lasik department supervisor. I am pretty pumped and honored, I just hope I can exceed the expectations. Brendan and I went out to celebrate last week at Easy street, nothing like fresh oysters, champagne and red snapper topped with crab. Gosh, I love good food especially eating at nice restaurants. I am a very lucky wife to have an awesome husband who loves these things too.
The fourth of July was cool, lots of bbqs, friends, family and good times. Fireworks got watched, ribs made, corn and watermelon eaten and some sunshine taken in. I would say mission accomplished to all things American. I am just hoping the rest of the summer continues to be incredible, hopefully camping next weekend, another holiday weekend, some weddings, our anniversary and lots of mountain biking in between!
Love
Alyssa and Brendan

No comments:

Post a Comment