Thursday, July 21, 2011

Pioneer Day

There are certain things I love about Utah one of them is Pioneer day. What is Pioneer day? It is a Utah State Holiday on July 24th were we celebrate the LDS/Mormons (Latter day saints) and pioneers coming to Utah. Why didn't the Scandinavians in MN make a holiday in MN to celebrate surviving their bitter winters and awful bugs? The whole state of Utah shuts down and if the holiday lands on the weekend you either get the day prior to the weekend off or the following day. It is fantastic because it is right between the fourth of July and Labor Day, perfect timing on summer and a day off of work! We don't have huge plans this weekend because we are hoping to have more travel in August.
We have just been mountain biking a lot, Bren is playing around with clip in pedals and what he thinks of those. I have been doing a lot of hot yoga about twice a week. It is a room heated to about 100 degrees to start then Vinyasa or Power Yoga for about an hour and a half. It is awesome and such a workout. I had some blood work analyzed a few weeks back and found out I am hypersensitive to carbohydrates and refined sugars. I have been really disciplined about watching what I eat and avoiding these foods in particular. It is incredible how fast my body is responding to it and how I have been feeling. You forget how over processed so many of these foods are and how they really are not designed to be overly consumed. It is tricky but I am finding with a little planning ahead I can make my body feel how it optimally should. Pretty incredible to find that out at 28 years old. Brendan has been really good about helping me be disciplined and make good choices. I can still have natural sugars, red wine and all the protein I would like, that at least makes up for the lack of things that are no longer a good option.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Love
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment