Sunday, January 2, 2011

Christmas and New Years

I am home now in Utah waiting patiently for both Brendan, Tommy and Oscar to get home. We had an awesome trip back to MN and like clockwork of course Park City gets hit with a huge snowstorm the minute we leave. Tommy assured us this is a given and always happens. Oh well, time with family back in the Midwest was such a blessing and gift this Christmas.
We started the holiday at my parents house and the next morning started early by seeing my best friend Kelly's baby Zach who was only three weeks old! We continued an awesome tradition and had my Dad and Brendan join my Mom and myself for Owen and Tyde's big adventure day. Right before Christmas we take the nephews out for a day to spoil them rotten, document it all then create a book telling the story of the adventure from that day. I always feel so happy to be involved because I am not around MN much. We did a whole day at the Mall of America that was great from beginning to end. That evening Bren and I did our usual show up at Buffalo Wild Wings and invite our friends out to meet us, we had a pretty good turnout of about 16 to 20 people. It was great seeing everyone and where they are at in their lives. Time just doesn't slow down but it makes me feel happy for all of my friends events and joys.
Christmas Eve was great with my family then a late evening dessert with the Pliegos. Christmas Morning was wonderful with Brendan's family and we just enjoyed all the usual traditions. My Mother in law Kathy is wonderful and had invited my parents over for Christmas Day Dinner, my Mom and Dad came but my dad left early because he was feeling awful. It was kind of scary but probably better he went home to bed as he got the flu for the next week and my Mom Sandy got sick with a nasty cold.
The Tuesday after Christmas we went to Canada Creek Michigan to spend the New Years with Grandparents Bud and Barb. We got there just in time to be able to do lots of snowmobiling, cross country skiing and just enjoying the winter there. It rained New Years Eve day and almost all the snow melted. It was good to be with family on New Years and enjoy many of our usual traditions.
The goodbyes are always hard, I don't care how long I have lived away it just doesn't get any easier. Although, I feel blessed to have an incredible husband and life here in Utah.
Best wishes for 2011!

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year Alyssa & Brendan! Hope you guys have a great year in 2011. We missed you at our new years board game night. It's just not the same here without the White's and the Ritter's. We miss our Vancouver buds. Hope all is well with you guys. Much love! Jen & Sean

    ReplyDelete