Monday, December 18, 2017

2017 was the year of BUSY


Its funny I really like this blog because I use it as a yearbook of what the family has been doing and are up to. I also know a bunch of out of state family read it. This blog and I have a love/hate relationship for the simple reason that it is ALWAYS on my to do list to update. I try super hard to do once a month but if I have 12 blog posts at the end of the year I am happy enough.
Yes, 2017 was the year of busy, I think since K is 2 years old now and Q almost 4, I have been in my job for almost 2.5 years that we all finally settled into a nice steady paced jog. November was the month of travel hitting up New Orleans, New York with my Mama, Las Vegas for work and Paris with Brendan. Here is my conclusion, New York or any girls trip travel with my Mama is always a fabulous, fun time. Not a fan of Vegas, I like real culture that New Orleans serves up even on a work trip. It was lovely to see all my friends and other directors in Vegas. The real conclusion is Paris was incredible and lived up to every dream I had about it. From start to finish the whole trip was a dream. Both Bren and I were shocked at how much we enjoyed it and just how special of a city it truly is! I already want to go back. 2018 already has a filling docket of travel with a super special trip to the Mother ship that is Norway, Sweden and Denmark. We can't wait!
Whats new around here, is Bren was an amazing single Dad during all this work travel. We have been busy, we continued our tradition of having his Uncle Brian, Aunt Carmen and Big Quinn for Thanksgiving as well as Charlie and Julia and getting them to slug out the turkey day 5k with us. I got my best time with a double stroller! Christmas is really pretty magical with a 2 and 3 year old, they love all the lights, the new decorations up, the songs, the special movies and everything that is December. It feels pretty special to see it all through their eyes. They are absolutely over the moon for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day to get here. They did get to celebrate early with my parents before they left back to MN. We had a nice dinner and opened gifts two days after we got back from Paris and had a really great time.It is our off year so we are home in Utah having our own traditions.  Bren's parents get in this week and will be here to celebrate with us for the actual big day!

I think looking back on my takeaway from 2017 it was really about getting into a steady jogging pace with my little family of four and letting go of expectations that hold us back or take away from the beauty of our journey we are on. I think so often we get wrapped up in all that is around us. It can be work, friends, whats the status quo is and just trying to please others that we lose sight of our own path and spin in circles. I feel like 2017 is the year I put on my headphones, put my hair in a pony and got down to business on running my path, at my pace. I am proud of that growth.

We hope you have a Merry Christmas and take a moment to appreciate the journey you are on and the lovely people you get to run it with!

Love,
The Whites

No comments:

Post a Comment