Tuesday, January 24, 2012

January 2012


I love January, there is something about the high from the Holidays that lingers over and the mindset of a fresh year that inspire me. It strange, even when we get two feet of snow which we did last weekend but we really needed, I still find reasons to stay positive. My goals for the year involve a lot of different things but for the most part I have already started on most of them.
For knitting I signed up for a Scandinavian mittens class I am taking with my friend Sara tomorrow night. I am so excited to learn how to make mittens and do it in a stranded Scandinavian class. I attached a picture to this post of my friend Lexi and I, I have the hat that I knit this past fall. I did all the color work myself and I feel extra smug every time I wear it!
I have already gotten out cross country skiing as well, I even got to go snowboarding this last weekend which was great. I did not get a season pass this year because of hopes that I won't be able to go snowboarding. No news in the perambulator department yet, always trying and waiting... Cross country skiing is awesome and I really enjoy it for the great workout and chance to be outside.
I also cooked two new recipes this month, Brendan' Great Grandma Kate's Swedish meatball recipe which is a fantastic winter time meal. Funny enough, my lovely mother in law Kathy and I think alike and both made the same recipe within days of each other not realizing it! It was delicious and definitely one to make again. I also made a chicken salad from cooking light magazine to put on sandwiches, that was another winner! Maybe I will do something new this weekend, we'll have to see.
Brendan is great, he was in Vegas last week for his job, he is really loving his company and is seeming to find balance with his last semester of school back in progress and work. He has not taken his level one avalanche certification class yet but with all this snow I do know he wants to make it a priority.

Life is good, as is 2012!
Love
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment