Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Resilant

Sometimes as I get older I get frustrated with my body whether it's re balancing for dance and adjustments when you change workouts. Then something will happen to remind me how thankful I am for this wonderful amazing body. I had one of those moments this weekend I just got a new snowboard and Friday I was taking it out for it's victory ride. Within five runs I had renamed my board the "go faster" board. Indeed it was faster, prettier a whole lot more slick with lots of tricks then my old beginner board. For a good two runs I thought I owned the hill, sure enough that's when the mountain decided to remind me who was in charge. I caught the switch side edge and proceeded to cartwheel down the hill landing full impact on my right hip. Ouch and ouch to what happens when you show off. I knew it was bad and managed to get down the hill to first aid. Being the insurance savvy gal I am they were not my preferred providers so I begged my lovely husband to take me to the in network park city clinic. One car ride, one wheel chair ride later I was getting my hip x ray ed. I couldn't help thinking how I would do my job for three months in a wheel chair. Thank goodness for the wonderful temple that is my body it was not broken, just a deep bone contusion and a pinched nerve. Crutches, painkillers and taking it easy, I could handle that. That's why I am so thankful to have a body that allowed me to limp into work today and know that with time I will be ok because my body is resilient.
Love
Alyssa

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! I just read your post about the new hobbies and I was thinking "damn Alyssa, you are going to be an expert snowboarder and you're going to have to show me some new skills." (It's been awhile since I've been snowboarding so no doubt I will be pretty rusty by the time I hit the mountain again!!) Then I read this! That totally sucks. I'm sorry that you got hurt the first day on your new board. Hope you heal fast. Love Jen

    ReplyDelete