Monday, July 31, 2017

Canada Creek 2017


Just got back from an amazing trip to Michigan for ten days. It was awesome! Michigan is a pretty special place for Brendan and I since that is where he was born, we lived for a year and got engaged. My job allows me some flexibility during more quiet times of the year to be able to work remotely, which I did. We flew in and out of Chicago and were lucky enough to have my in-laws pick us up and drop us off so we didn't have to rent a car. We spent a night at the Aunt Laura and Uncle Mikes cottage before heading up to Canada Creek. Canada Creek Ranch has been around for a very, long time and its the coolest recreation, cabin type area. It is about an hour and half southeast of Mackinaw Island. They have hunting, fishing, archery, the Ranch House Lodge and so much awesome wilderness. There is always something to do, somewhere to go or some great nature to enjoy.




Fortunately during our trip up there this year we had the opportunity to see a lot of family. My Husband's second cousin Amber had her baby shower and we got to see lots of family and friends from Michigan, which is always great. The shower was gorgeous and it was fun bringing Kinsale to it and seeing her love all the table mints and entertain everyone with her antics. When we got back to the shower my Mom and Dad where there. We are so grateful that everyone loves my kids so much and just wants to share time together. My parents drove the north coast and UP area in Michigan and stayed at the Ranch House. Uncle Rod also drove in and was always the life of the party!We had such a good time and did everything! The best news of all though is Brendan is now working to get his membership at Canada Creek so we will continue to visit there and go often. Crossing my fingers we get approved!





After finishing up there we headed back to the cottage and really enjoyed ourselves with the Puffs. My parents had left but Kathy switched out Tom and we all had a blast. We took the kids to Fredrick Meijers Gardens in Grand Rapids. It is so cool with a lot of nature interactive gardens for kids. At the Puff Cottage you stay busy, busy, busy with all the fun water sports. We water skied, we swam, we paddle boarded, we kayaked, we boated, we did it all. Quinn even water skied on the wet grass with Uncle Mike pulling him. We ended the long weekend on such a great high note with Uncle Rod and Julie and their family and Grandma Barb and Bud coming down for a busy Saturday of fun and BBQ.
I have left over mosquito bites, a nice glow to my skin and a little exhaustion and I feel AMAZING!!! So blessed to have family that take part in our little family vacations!

Love,
the Whites

No comments:

Post a Comment