Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Joy to the World!

I feel like I am on cloud nine with the wonderful weekend I just had. My lovely Mother flew into Utah and we got to see Laura Osnes and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. It was so special, the Motab choir does not sell tickets and I missed the raffle back in October. I was devastated when I found out it was Laura Osnes singing. I went to high school with her, both my Mom and I had followed her amazing career since. She has been in NY starring in Cinderella on Broadway among other shows. It was pretty amazing when one year on the Thanksgiving parade (one of my personal traditions after the 5k) I watched my friend Heather (a Rockette) and Laura both perform at the parade. That is about as close as I will ever get to Broadway and it was so cool!
I scrambled to try and secure tickets and low and behold my husband's awesomely cool college professor from St. Thomas came to the rescue. I was pretty shocked when one of my husbands college professors messaged me saying she might be able to get in touch with Laura and help us secure tickets. Most teachers who remember my husband remember him for all the wrong reasons! When I finally had the tickets in hand I almost got teared up because I knew how special this would be.
It was incredible! My mom flew to town and we had one of the best nights ever. We had dinner at my favorite restaurant the Copper Onion, we did a little shopping at City Creek and then walked through Temple Square to see the lights and finally ended up in our seats through a VIP door which was awesome. Laura was radiant and absolutely wonderful. I predict she will headline many more Broadway shows and secure a Tony very soon.  I had a moment during the concert where I felt like I needed to be pinched because it wasn't real. The rest of the weekend as well was so much fun, the kids loved spending time with their Gaga and just enjoying her company. We were spoiled!
The week only gets better as well, Tom and Kathy are en route to us in Utah to celebrate Christmas here. We are trying to continue a tradition of one Christmas in MN and the next year Utah. I miss MN but am looking forward to also continuing/creating some of our own traditions here.

My next post will probably be in 2016. 2015 has been wonderful, our sweet, Kinsale joined us and this year has been the year of "I think I can". I can't tell you how many times I (similar to Thomas the Train) have had to chant that mantra to myself. Whether it has been adjusting to two kids as a working Mama or adjusting to a whole new career it has been the 21015 mantra. Life is good and oh so sweet!

Love
The Whites

Mama and I on our special night

Mama helped me getting my sewing machine working and how to sew

Quinn loves Gilles and Gilles loves Quinn

Gaga B doing night time story with babies


No comments:

Post a Comment